Oubache State Park Trails
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
1. EASY (1 mile)—Circles wildlife exhibit, starting at exhibit parking lot.
2. EASY (1.5 miles)—Begins at north end of campground. Winds north through pine plantation, then south along swimming pool complex and back east to campground.
3. EASY (1.5 miles)—Begins at north end of campground, travels east through magnificent stand of oak and hickory, passes a woodland marsh, and winds back to the point of origin.
4. MODERATE (3 miles)—Begins at wildlife exhibit, branches north through heavy pine plantations, then west through more pines, hawthorn, etc., and back east along the southern edge of Kunkel Lake to the point of origin.
5. MODERATE (6 miles)—The “Ouabache Trail” begins at the wildlife exhibit and circles the entire property, using portions of all trails. Trail 5 may be started and finished at any trail entrance. The trail will take you through virtually all types of trees and terrain available in the area. Several interesting footbridges dot the trail.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.